View Single Post
Old 08-16-2012, 12:52 PM
Senior Member (**Dr Smith is named after a character from Lost in Space, not a medical doctor)

10 yr Member
Senior Member (**Dr Smith is named after a character from Lost in Space, not a medical doctor)

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mramsey0011 View Post
I am currently waiting for my surgen to respond to my Fam. Dr. for an appointment. Note: after surgery I did not do anything or lift anything over 10lbs. The only thing I can think of that could have caused this disk to move is a hard sneeze that occured about 3 weeks after surgery and caused pain down both arms and I cried for an hour after the sneeze. I did not have a collar and had requested one from the surgen but he said it was not necessary. Any suggestions and thoughts??
Hi mramsey, Welcome.

I don't know that there's any way to tell, much less prove, what caused the disc to move, but I don't think it really matters -- it is what it is.

The surgeon has apparently washed his hands of you when things went south, but it would likewise be difficult to prove he did anything wrong -- he may not have, but may not want to face you either(?)

Was this a neurosurgeon or orthopedic? That doesn't really matter either, but next time around, I'd want a team of both disciplines in on it, and one of them should definitely NOT be the guy who worked on you the first time.

I'm only half joking when I opine that these guys should have to warrantee their work like everybody else.

Sorry you're going through this, but I know that doesn't help much.

Doc

Dr. Smith is NOT a medical doctor. He was a character from LOST IN SPACE.
All opinions expressed are my own. For medical advice/opinion, consult your doctor.
Dr. Smith is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Gracemary (10-08-2012)