View Single Post
Old 08-16-2012, 12:59 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I figured it was time for an update, though I was hoping to give you better news. I have had 5 treatments with no change in symptoms. In fact, I have had a flare over the past week or so but I don't think it's from the treatment. We have halted the treatment as of yesterday because I am paying cash and it's expensive and not working. They did say one man didn't see results until the very end of a month's worth of treatments, which is how long they generally give it a try to see whether it's helping you or not.

I am back to blood testing for autoimmune issues because I have had more sensations elsewhere in my body in addition to more pain in my feet. I believe everything else has been eliminated. I have radically changed my diet to eliminate sugar and increase whole grains and vegetables, not that I had a horrible diet prior to the onset of the neuropathy one year ago. I have had MRIs and EMG/NCV and blood tests last fall with everything normal. I got off two medicines I was on for a long time in case they were the culprit.

I'm not sure if I want something to turn up now or not! On one hand, it would be helpful to have some sort of diagnosis, but on the other, no one wants to find out they have a disease.
bananababe is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote