View Single Post
Old 08-16-2012, 02:08 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thanks so much for the response. I did have an MRI about 6-8 wks ago. It showed that L3, L4 & L5 were all bulging. Not sure if that is the same thing as hernia. I have degenerative disc disease, and something else with my joints, I think it’s DJD. At that time I was told by the ER that I needed surgery. Unfortunately I lost my health ins a year ago and I am on a state assist program. My husband is looking for a new job that would provide the benefits I so desperately need.

So here’s what I did. I have stayed off myself as much as possible. I ration meds but I did have a few Soma’s left and high dose Percocets. Both have proved helpful. I think the Soma has at least relaxed the lower back and the Percocet took the edge off the pain. I despise the ER I would be forced to go to, as they just treat me like I’m drug seeking and will make me wait hours upon hours (5-10 is the norm.). I just could not have sat there that long and thought I would try everything in my arsenal first. Today the pain has been reduced, but still very sore and tender. I’m just trying to take it easy and let things try to heal up a bit.

The PC that I would be forced to go to recently had a nurse call to tell me that if I have any leg pain to go to the ER. With the RSD CRPS II that I have, he has stated that I’m out of his scope of practice. At my request he referred me to the Neuro Dept at a local hosp, and I am on a 1 year waiting list… awesome!

To answer your question, yes I have sciatica pain in my butt cheeks and down my legs. I wish it was only one side, but it’s both with one side always more irritated more than the other, but it alternates. I was afraid that something was pinching so bad that it could possibly get bad enough to do some real bad damage like paralyzation

Thanks so much for your feedback. I really do/did appreciate it!
Vrae is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote