View Single Post
Old 08-16-2012, 02:24 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pabb View Post
In that mass of blood work, were you tested for ceiac disease? and did your doc warn you about die off with the Lyme treatment?
Hello, I was tested for celiac several times and had a biopsy checking for it in my stomach/small bowel via upper endoscopy...all have been negative so far. My GI doc just had me do the Celiac genetic testing which we are waiting on results from...as I understand 90%+ of celiac patients will test postive for one or both of the genetic markers?

They were really banking on celiac because of my symptoms, onset, progression and my general health/age prior to this happening..

As far as lyme die off, I was warned of it, however this didnt feel like die off to me... I dropped the tetra and just started a high dose course of doxy, high enough to kill I hope and not just be bacteriostatic (sp?)

My WB lyme tests first showed IGG 41 in Feb., then IGG 23, 30, 39, 41 in March and April, and from April til now I have had 3 more showing both IGM 23 and IGG 23 (which as I understand it is specific only to lyme?) all from different labs, labcorp, mayo, quest, etc. etc. not CDC positive by any means but it has the docs curious..
pg600rr is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ginnie (08-17-2012)