View Single Post
Old 08-16-2012, 03:03 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Help!!! New to PN dont know where to turn

I am a 41 yr old male who was relatively healthy until my physical in February 2010. At that time i was prescribed Lisinopril for moderate high blood pressure 140/90 and simvastatin (210 cholesterol reading prior to medication) - due to family history i thought this was a good idea at the time. I lost about 40 or 50 pounds through diet and exercise in hopes to get off of these meds due to the side effects. Dr. insisted i keep taking the meds even with low BP readings 80/60 and low cholesterol 125 total. In February 2012 i had a pseudo heart attack due to my BP going to low - Dr. finally took me off the BP med but kept me on the statin. In March 2012, i started waking with numbness in hands and feet that has gotten worse with each passing day. i have had a multitude of tests, i.e. blood work, nerve conduction, mri's on neck and lower back - Dr says i am fine and that he can't pinpoint the root cause of my PN. i took myself off the statins after finding that they could cause PN - neurologist states it is almost impossible to pinpoint the cause of my PN. i have tried b12 injections, iv vitamin therapy, reflexology, accupuncture and none of it seemed to work but its only been 2 months and i am inpatient. I do not want to take the cymbalta they prescribed me in fear of developing different problems/symptoms. I wonder if anyone has any additional suggestions before i lose my mind.
byrner45 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote