Thread: Crps
View Single Post
Old 08-16-2012, 04:45 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Crps

Hi
Anyone here suffer from CRPS ( Complex reginal pain syndrome)?
I got it after a fall 2 and half yrs ago in my right foot.leg...it took 2 yrs before i finally walked aound without the aid of crutches/stick....
now, after a thumb fracture, it has spread to my hand,,,This thing spreads once you get it, and have other injuries in all Extremities.
Its a living hell..from a fractured thumb, i can now no longer use my right hand, my thumb and the next 2 fingers are stiff, they will not bend,,my whole hand is swollen, and thats just after 12 weeks,,i pray it eases somhow sooner than the 1-2 year prognosis i have been given,,
i now need help to wash/dry/straighten my hair..to cook,,to peel veg,,to make beds and hoover/sweep floors, to do ironing.. i cant do basics, and just being in a car is so painfull..the movement of the car feels like somone is smashing my hand with a mallet,,and most days the pain includes the feeling of dousing my hand in petrol and setting light to it.
Only people unlucky enough to have contracted this CRPS ( or as i call it, CRAP!) will know what im talking about....
So, anyone here know what i mean?
gentle hugs
Ellen..London.
bibbin is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote