View Single Post
Old 08-16-2012, 05:05 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

i was given lyrica when i was first diagnosed with CRPS
i took it for 1 day,,it knocked me off my feet, i passed out for 1/3 of an hour, and couldnt remember my daughters phone number when i came to.
I was covered in a rash over my chest......Obviously, i didnt go near them again...and please god never will.
I attended a pain clinic/trial, where the doc's told everyone that as we suffer chronic pain..NO pills will make you better,,just maybe numb the pain, if your lucky, untill you take so much, you have to be weaned off anyway,,,the point of the pain clinic trial was to get us to manage our pain without drugs, if possible...with other therepies, i have to say, as far as the leg/foot pain i suffer, i felt a huge relief after having cognetive therepy, hypnotherepy...working with the concious/unconcious mind....Worked for me anyway,,not a miracle, but better than any meds,,,
My message here is to sugest to people,,,'Try Alternative therepies'...what can you lose?!!!
And find a good pain clinic,,which offers these therepies,,also physio/phycho therepy, relaxation, light excersise.....all together, they help you back on your feet.
hugs
ellen
,,,P.S. NOW, AFTER A THUMB FRACTURE I HAVE CRPS IN MY WHOLE RIGHT HAND,,( ONCE YOU GET IT IN ONE EXTREMETY,,IT SPREADDS TO OTHER EXTREMETIES IF INJURYS HAPPEN ) ,,HERE WE GO AGAIN...
bibbin is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote