Thread: Catheters?
View Single Post
Old 08-16-2012, 08:21 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherie View Post
Yes...what you relate often happens. It did to me and as a home care nurse, I was told by many of my patients that it had happened to them. Sometimes, over time, this diminishes but you may need to talk with your doc about having something that you can take as needed for bladder spasms. This does not need to be a part of your routine. There are things out there to relieve it.
Thank you so much for telling me this! I am so glad to know I am not alone.What do you mean this does not need to be a part of my routine? What thing are out there to relieve bladder spasms?

What size cath are you using? I used to get more spasms using a 12 or 14 guage straight cath but when they gave me samples of 8 and 10 to try...no spasms so my script is for 10s. They drain slightly slower but are more comfortable and there is not the urethral discomfort or spasm that there was with the larger sizes.
I am using a 14 now, and the uro/gyn just gave me a handful and told me to just wash them out and reuse 4 or so times before I threw them away....BUT everything I read says that I should not reuse a catheter!
I think I will ask for a size 10 to try; thank you so much!
Gilenya: August 2011 reaction
Copaxone: October 2011 reaction
Tecfidera: May 2013 reaction
daisy.girl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote