View Single Post
Old 04-22-2007, 07:20 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Red face I will look around some...

Before answering.

I did find some PubMed studies on Folinic acid for children with blood brain barrier failures to folic acid, itself. The articles stated that folinic was converted by them and succeeded in removing the deficiency.

It is hard to answer this question since so many polymorphisms exist for folate.
The chemistry is very complex and it depends on where the errors are, in the conversion cycle. I would have no clue as to the details of that.

Folinic acid has been used for a long time as RX for people on Chemo. It is called Leucovorin and even is available in an IV form.

I have some days off coming tomorrow, so I will search around some.

But this whole situation is a huge bummer, and bad sign to me. I sure hope methylcobalamin does not suffer this same fate!

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote