View Single Post
Old 04-22-2007, 07:33 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by steffi 001 View Post
So folks..what do we do? What indeed are our choices?
Do we give ourselves a break,and give in,accept defeat,let this worm take over?
Or do we continue in our attempts to stay one step ahead? Or leastways aim to keep up with it?
Sadly we know all too well the meaning of the phrase "Think what tomorrow might bring" and it sure ain`t going to be something that has us jumping up and down with joy.
But you know what? While ever I can still smile...while ever I can gush over banal things like doing the household chores,it keeps me in tune with normality.I still have that thread of hope and that feeds my grim determination.
Reflecting? I don`t like it. It brings into touch the harsh,cold reality of this s*** of an illness.And if I think too hard,analyse too deeply...I will curl up and admit defeat.
Sorry...just fell into this mode of thought....just wanted to share.
x
Like many people with PD, I have times where the symptoms aren't too bad and I feel that I could go back to work. The next day I feel like I've been hammered and am being punished because I had a good day.
So what do we do? I've learned to take this disease one day at a time. If I feel like taking on the world today, I do as much as I can while I can. I know that in the next hour, day, or week that PD will be back in control and my activities will be limited. I just don't worry about getting everything done at once. Tomorrow will be another day. Enjoy it while you have it.

GregD
GregD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote