View Single Post
Old 04-22-2007, 07:43 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Sorry Lois, I was rushing through here and forgot about the rolls.

We do spring rolls here with bean sprouts, celery, cabbage and carrots. Cut is all finely (not the sprouts of course) and then wrap in rice paper.

They can be baked or deep fried (for egg rolls you can add a bit of egg... but the biggest difference that people seem to look for is the different wrapper - ask at asian food stores for the wrapping papers and read ingredients very carefully... and call companies). Obviously deep fried is what people are more often looking for when their diet is in transition. Deep fry them until they are golden. Bake them until they are golden.

You can season them if you want but generally they are fine without because people have sauces to dip them in.

However, I feel the need to warn, again, that deep fried foods are very hard on a healed gut... and so one must take this type of food even more seriously if they are still in the process of healing their gut.
Most soy sauce has gluten in it. An easy substitute is balsamic vinegar which does taste different at first but seems to do the trick for a fair number of people. I quite enjoy it, myself... and no prep work.
01/02/2002 Even Small Amounts of Gluten Cause Relapse in Children With Celiac Disease (Docguide.com) 12/20/2002 The symptomatic and histologic response to a gf diet with borderline enteropathy (Docguide.com)
KimS is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote