View Single Post
Old 08-17-2012, 11:07 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrubbs View Post
3 of us responding your post about a relatively normal life as it pertains to our own individual lives but the reply by alice md is the one that makes sense in a general and realistic way.

"If with proper treatment you will have remission/good control of your illness it is likely that you will be able to resume most of your work schedule. If not, you will probably have to make proper adjustments".

We all suffer from the same illness but in so many different ways.

scrubbs
My cardiologist said he treats several MG patients and we're all different, like snowflakes. I think there are probably a lot of MG patients who take their meds, go into remission, and get back to normal activities and we've found each other as we have the more severe cases that are harder to treat.

So there is a good chance that with proper treatment you can go into remission and resume many of your previous activities. That said, you will have to be careful not to overdo your activities and to be aware of your limits. Keeping in mind that I'm a severe case, I've run into issues where I've thought, "I can do 'that'," and whatever 'that' is, put me in bed for three days. I don't want to scare you away from get back to normal life--I'm hopeful that I'll be more normal with my surgery and the new medicine I'm on, just be aware of your limits and don't try and go too far beyond them.

Jeff
BackwardPawn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
StephC (08-17-2012)