View Single Post
Old 08-17-2012, 12:14 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by robpp View Post
^^^^^^^

I have been taking 3600mg Gabapentin for a few years now......it started to lose its effectiveness and about 2 months ago my MD ADDED 30mg then 60mg Cymbalta.

I can say that the addition of the Cymbalta has definietly improved my symptoms.
I take maybe half that much Gabapentin, usually every 4 hours my feet start stinging again, and it provides relief from that. The pain in my feet extends beyond that, though, and I have to decide how much tramadol or hydrocodone I need in order to get through the day. Usually one or two tramadol. I almost never do the hydrocodone except at night. When I initially started taking Gabapentin, I thought it didn't work either because it's not a traditional pain killer, it blocks the messages when the nerves fire and that seems to be where it ends in its effectiveness.

I started 'juicing' - you know, putting a bunch of fruit and vegetables in a machine and grinding it into a drink. I do the Jack Lalane recipe - celery, kale, spinach, green apples, ginger root. Tastes fine, and I am losing some weight, so its less strain on my feet. As far as making them feel better, I haven't noticed any difference, but like I said, you definitely can lose weight. Brue
Brue is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote