View Single Post
Old 08-17-2012, 03:49 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Free at last

In the last couple of weeks I have started to feel back at the stage where I was before I took Lyrica. This is nearly 6 weeks after I finished taking it so the doctor was spot on. The symptoms have gradually subsided.

Things I fouind that helped me where making sure I was properly hydrated and drinking lots of water until my urine was clear. Found I was drinking loads by my dr said it was probably because my system was flushing out the bad stuff.

I have also been doing loads of nexck exercises. Muyslce tighness around the neck freferences up the nerves and can cause headaches in the forehead. Loosening up has made a difference for me.....Gone for a few back massages too.

Really focussed on eating good health organic food - even started drinking beetroot juice and carrot juice (if its good enough for Olympic Athletes its good enough for me.

AVOID ALL MEDICATION IF YOU CAN! IT ALL HAS SIDE EFFECTS SO YOU CAN EASILY END UP TAKING ONE DRUG TO COMBAT THE SIDE EFFECTS OF ANOTHER AND SO ON.

Have faith....It will go but it just proves even the smallest dose for 2 weeks can take a long time to get out of the body.

I did say I would post when I felt better - I have and I hope it helps others.

I dont intend coming back to this site again so i wish everyone the very best in recovery.

PS - I thought HappyGoLuckys advice was spot on re anxiety etc. There are some really good self help books and a few good websites thast offer great advice. In summary - patience calm and accewptanbce of symptoms is the key and dont allow yourself to get carried away by frightening thought which bear no reality to them even if they appear to!! They are just thoughts and the symptoms are likely caused by them.

Best of luck

Juicy
Juicyfruit is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote