Thread: MTBI after fall
View Single Post
Old 08-17-2012, 06:18 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Mrs-B,

Welcome to NeuroTalk. Sorry to hear of your painful and confusing ordeal.

What the doctors have told you is not uncommon. Your symptoms are at the high end of the Post Concussion Syndrome spectrum.

The rest comment is correct. I would state it as quiet rest. The 'go to a dark room and try to sleep' is a bit extreme.

You want to rest the brain from both physical and mental effort. If you can find a simple task to keep busy with, it may help you endure. Working with your hands can be therapeutic since your hands cannot work fast.

I find that I can use music, especially music with soft vocals, to help my brain focus lightly. The music needs to be familiar so my brain does not try to understand the words. When my brain can rest knowing what sounds are coming next as the CD plays, it gets into a rhythm that helps it relax. You may need to try different genres of music to find something that does not stimulate your brain. Think of it as like someone massaging your back the same way, over and over. You know what to expect and can just relax.

You should also be routinely icing the back of your head and neck. This can help with your head aches and sore neck.

Ginger can help with the nausea. It can be taken a variety of ways. Teas, cookies, supplements/pills, in juices, grated over other foods, etc.

This should help you get a start. Others will comment, too.

My best to you.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Mrs-B (08-18-2012)