View Single Post
Old 08-17-2012, 07:20 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

The time when you have to worry about paralyzation is when you lose control of your bladder and bowels. Now THAT is a REAL EMERGENCY!!! If that EVER happens, do NOT let anyone in the emergency room intimidate you. YOU INTIMIDATE THEM!!! Make THEM get busy on YOU. Cause that is a real emergency situation. If that ever happens, usually it's an issue of immediate surgery or else it could mean permanent damage.

I've had sciatica in the right leg for 26 YEARS -- yes you read that right. Now it is spreading to the left leg. It's been miserable because no doctor could find any meidcation that could help the horrible pain. Now, my "kind of new" doctor has finally found a combiination of meds that are working to ease the pain --- of course it hasn't taken away all the pain, but it has eased it somewhat. Instead of a 10 on the pain scale like it was, it's now about a 6. So I can live with that, although I'd rather not. LOL

Seems like someone could refer you to physical therapy. THAT is where you're gonna get your best relief -- even if you've tried if before, try it again and stick with it cause that really IS where you're gonna find relief if you stay with it. Especially pool therapy -- that is the best for your ailment. I wish you the very best. God bless and will you PLEASE keep me posted? Let me know how you do, will you? I'm really interested. Take care. Hugs, Lee
recovering alcoholic, sober since 7-29-93;severe depression; 2 open spinal surgeries; severe sciatica since 1986; epidurals; trigger points; myelograms; Rhizotomy; Racz procedure; spinal cord stimulator implant (and later removal); morphine pump trial (didn't work);now inoperable; lumpectomy; radiation; breast cancer survivor; heart attack; fibromyalgia; on disability.

Often the test of courage is not to die, but to live..
.................................................. ...............Orestes
Leesa is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
spine95 (08-18-2012), Vrae (08-21-2012)