View Single Post
Old 08-17-2012, 09:03 PM
Senior Member (**Dr Smith is named after a character from Lost in Space, not a medical doctor)

10 yr Member
Senior Member (**Dr Smith is named after a character from Lost in Space, not a medical doctor)

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos View Post
I am very aware of Diabetes types I and II and I DO NOT HAVE EITHER. I seriously have no doubts about this.
I believe you, and I wasn't suggesting that you were diabetic. I'm just saying that, even though I and several other people on this group are also not diabetic, for some reason eating as if we were helps the symptoms. It's something relatively easy, inexpensive and harmless to try. If after a couple of months it doesn't help, then there's no harm done.

Now that you mention it, I do recall the other post about your burned foot. Thanks.

Cymbalta and Lovaza are brand name prescription meds, however there are other SNRIs (than Cymbalta) that are available generically. Omega 3 fatty acids (Lovasa) can also be gotten in OTC supplements. None of the supplements mentioned are prescription meds. If you have burning pain from PN, I think the stabilized R-Lipoic acid is worth a try. If it doesn't work within 4-8 weeks, it likely won't, and again, no harm done.

Just trying to help.

Doc

Dr. Smith is NOT a medical doctor. He was a character from LOST IN SPACE.
All opinions expressed are my own. For medical advice/opinion, consult your doctor.
Dr. Smith is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote