View Single Post
Old 08-17-2012, 09:04 PM
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sally mae View Post
no worries doc. It's all good. i made it through yesterday. I was very grateful for a mild sedative during the procedure. It was not pleasant to go through. It was at least 12 or more injections on each side of my neck. It hurt like crazy once they started on my left side, which is always the side that seems to hurt more. (if anyone else out there is having this same procedure done, i would recommend taking the sedative if offered, especially if you already have a lot of neck pain to begin with.)

there was noted relief from the usual pain i have afterward so that means the nerve block was applied to the correct areas and it was a very good sign. :d i had a really tricky time walking afterward. My head felt like a bowling ball and i couldn't seem to balance when i would stand up. Kept stumbling backwards so i had to lay down for a while again before attempting to leave. Now since the numbing has completely worn off my neck hurts like hell. my neck muscles still feel a bit weak too. That was a lot of work they did in there yesterday.

I have to have one more nerve block completed and then they will do the rfa. It seems like a lot of trauma to go through but the doctors are in agreement that this is the best route for me to get longer lasting pain relief.
happy to read a successful journey
wishing absolute relief

someone who cares
"Thanks for this!" says:
ginnie (10-15-2012), Gracemary (10-11-2012), Sally Mae (08-18-2012)