View Single Post
Old 08-17-2012, 09:29 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Foot drop can be permanent as well. Take a sheet or blanket with you to any medical office if you have to wait, pick a spot where you won't get stepped on and and LAY DOWN if you need to. Forget what anybody thinks. Do what you need to in order to get as comfortable as possible.

If you have to go to the ER to get treated, tell them that your condition has reached the level where you cannot function, and emphasize that you cannot leave the hospital until your problem is properly treated. Dr. told me that. It is a way of forcing the hospital's hand. They are also required under state or federal - I forget which or if it's both - but hospitals are REQUIRED to treat a certain number of indigent patients per year....it's just that they have the option of picking and choosing which ones on the wait list they help. It helps if you have a highly respected doctor/neurosurgeon on staff who is pulling for you at the hospital ER you visit. Just my 2 cents.......best to you!!! AND please don't give up!
seahorse02 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Vrae (08-21-2012)