View Single Post
Old 08-18-2012, 12:35 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Lyrica Withdrawal

I was on Lyrica for 3 years. 75 mg x 2 daily. I took it for my chronic back pain. I started the withdrawal process 10 weeks ago and have been off completely for 10 days. The process has been a nightmare! Extreme nausea, upset stomach, 10lbs+ weight loss (which is not needed), lightheaded, headaches, anxiety, chest pain, nightmares, hot/cold spells with sweating, shakes, no appetite, the list goes on. I've contacted my doctors and consulted pharmacists but they are not offering any solutions. They have denied that Lyrica has withdrawal symptoms, and even suggested maybe I have food poisoning. Oh, I've been poisoned alright, but by something called LYRICA. Their other suggestion was to go back on the medicine, which definitely is not an option.
I can't believe the withdrawal process has taken this long and although the first couple weeks were the worst, it hasn't seemed to improve the past 8 weeks.
I do not regret coming off the medicine but I am seriously hating these withdrawal symptoms. I work and go to school and this is having a debilitating affect on these areas.
Suggestions and support please?
lyricahelp is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote