View Single Post
Old 08-18-2012, 04:00 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astrid2803 View Post
Hi,

This has probably been asked a couple times before but I'd really appreciate some tips on how to organise things.

I'm fortunate in that I am able to work, and that I have a job but the hours are taxing.

Although it's probably not the healthiest option, I do live on my own.

When I get home from work and try to continue with my general responsibilities, I often tend to mess things up. I can't concentrate properly thus creating more work for myself.

I'll start with one thing then continue with another realising like an hour later that I was completely sidetracked. My head and my "comfort zone" are nowhere in particular & everywhere in between. All it does is add further to my anxiety & lack of energy.

I wasn't always like this, I used to ENJOY organising my life...
Any advice?
Hi,

I found in hospital they put you in a strict routine and I have tried to continue that at home. When I eat, take meds, wash etc.

Maybe your subconscious would benefit from you teaching it a new routine.

So when you wake up at the time set by your "timer", your subconscious kicks in.

The same when you get home from work.

It is hard knowing you are different now, but I believe as humans we just need to reteach our brains something and quickly our bodies respond.

You may not be able to be spontaneous any more. This is not a bad thing it is just new to you.

You need to accept your new challenges as I am and accept this is how it is now.

A new schedule may help you be more productive and organised for you, with the challenges that you have.

Above all do not beat yourself up, do not compare yourself to others, this will add to your anxiety.

I hope this helps.

Last edited by peacheysncream; 08-18-2012 at 04:07 AM. Reason: spelling mistake
peacheysncream is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote