View Single Post
Old 08-18-2012, 11:38 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaD88 View Post
have they checked toxicity to anything at all? vit b6, lead, etc.....
They have to a few things, my b12 comes back fairly normal 400-500+ range, b6 thought was ok but cant seem to find the test anywhere so maybe it wasnt looked at yet? I'd be shocked though. I do have an order for it that I need to get drawn.

Heavy Metals, they only looked at Arsenic (was just out of range @ 13.8 ug/L), mercury andlead were both fine.

Folate tends to come in low normal, 17 in 6-99 range, as does D, 24 in 20-80 range..

A few questions I did have, not sure if anyone will know, but:

1. how "bad" is a 52% reduction @ the thigh? sounds bad to me but neuro said it was very mild and some w/ this damage might not even experience anything...

2. why did the qsart show length dependent pattern w/ a decrease of sweat output distally at least 33% and the skin biopsy show NLD-SFn w/ calf normal, thigh 52% reduction? dont those findings contradict eachother?

3. I read that Dorsal root ganglia damage is sometimes the underlying cause in the NLD type of SFN, how would this damage present? could you have it w/o evidence of motor damage?

All of my motor functions are perfect, EMG was normal, no feeling of strength loss, smell/taste/pupils all intact, all sensation to tuch, pin, position, and vibratory intact, all reflexes normal (although a bit more reactive at knees and ankles)...

Neuro said with the above findings/presentation dorsal root ganglia damage is extremely doubtful?

4. if the damage was only found in my thighs, then why do I get this sensation just as bad in my calfs as well? its not a burning or stingling or numbness, its like a tight feeling but very uncomfortable, hard to explain...a few neuro's even said that they didnt think it was a SFN sensation as they had never heard of it described like that before...beginning to wonder if its actually from the POTS? sinceits by far worse in the a.m. upon waking and cycles (usually worse first week or two of the month then better)...
pg600rr is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote