View Single Post
Old 08-18-2012, 12:44 PM
Co-Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member
Co-Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member

Many kids have access to smart phones or computers, if she has a favorite info site that explains RSD/CRPS, she could just tell then a basic explanation and mention the site to them , if they are interested they can look it up.

I think for the most part kids seem to be more accepting of any kind of disability and adaptations, so hopefully it won't be a big deal.
If they ask, then a short explanation about RSD & why the adaptive equipment, or maybe the teachers will explain to the class if the topic comes up.

I would remind her to not mention any medications if she takes any, just so none pressure her to share or even worse steal them from her.

Hopefully the admins send a heads up to all teachers, or you can meet with them so they are aware, just in case they need to give a basic limited explanation to others.

If it hurts her to be touched or bumped in the affected area, that might be good to let them know also.

Oh I just read that hers if full body, if it ends up being too much bumping /crowding in the hallways or just too painful, another option is online schooling. We are even getting commercials on tv now about more online schools in our area.
Many are included in the state school system so no extra costs.

Last edited by Jomar; 08-18-2012 at 01:13 PM.
Jomar is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
birchlake (08-19-2012)