View Single Post
Old 08-18-2012, 01:06 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Lumbar Sympathetic Block

Yes, I have had a Lumbar Sympathetic Block and within 24 hours of the block my CRPS spread from my right foot (original injury site) all the way up my right side. Please proceed with caution...everyone is different. Good Luck and Gentle Hugs!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysium1973 View Post
Hey guys. New to this forum. Briefly: my story is that I was in a car accident in may 2010 and a year after that I had emergency surgery for a ruptured disc at L5-S1 on the left side. For some time after that I had numbness in my left foot, which turned into burning, aching pain. It has gotten worse in the last few months, with allodynia, coldness, and muscle spasm. It has tracked from my foot to my leg on the lateral side. I have had 2 epidural steroid injections, which did nothing for me. Recently I had a lumbar sympathetic nerve block which was very helpful fr 2 days. Now the pain has returned and it seems worse. I don't have a formal diagnosis of CRPS yet as I haven't seen my PM yet. I think we've determined that it's a standard peripheral neuropathy vs. CRPS. Any thoughts or experiences with sympathetic nerve blocks? Did your pain get worse shortly after?
nalakity is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote