Thread: New diagnosis
View Single Post
Old 08-18-2012, 02:19 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephC View Post
Tonight I realized as newly diagnosed MG patient, I need to take up some new, less energy/strength requiring hobbies that don't involve going to the movies or trying to learn all I can abut MG. not that I am not forever grateful for the web, ability to educate myself but I need to limit my time thinking about it.

First thing I think I will look into piano lessons (always thought that would be cool, as kid my family couldn't afford anything private) but would love to hear from others on the group (whho i think seems to be highly intellegent, good and kind hearted people)

Soooo any suggestions for other fun new hobbies?
Just a caution about leaning the piano. I was looking for the same thing you were a few months ago and bought a set of "Learn to Play the Piano" DVDs. My parents were furious as they said you can't learn properly without a teacher. Anyway, I consider it a worthwhile investment because I got through about three lessons before I realized I couldn't sit upright on a hard bench without a back long enough to actually learn and enjoy playing.

I have the SPS thrown in, making everything worse on me, so you may be different, but I wanted to let you know my experience before you spent a lot of money on it.
BackwardPawn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
StephC (08-18-2012)