View Single Post
Old 08-18-2012, 03:18 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default alcoholic neuropathy

hi. new on here, came because of a concern.
I'm 29, been drinking heavyish (3-4) liters of beer a night for the past few years with intervals (2 weeks - few months) of sobriety. on Monday I had been drinking throughout the day, may 5,6 beers (tall boys) then at night went out to the bar. after a few beers I noticed numbness in my right leg, as if it had fallen asleep. when I left the bar I couldn't walk straight, I was limping pretty bad, and couldn't feel my left foot, my sandal kept slipping off. I stopped drinking and haven't had anything since. the numbness and loss of mobility lasted 3 days or so. on Wednesday there was some pain in my left thigh, as if I had been running or walking too long, more so an ache rather than pain, tenseness. I have been taking B vitamins for 3 days now and of course I haven't drank anything since the onset. it's Saturday night now and there is still some tenseness in my leg but the numbness has gone and I can walk straight just fine. I am happy that the condition has all but dissipated but I am worried that it may be the onset of AN. please help. thank you.
m147 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote