View Single Post
Old 08-18-2012, 03:46 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Been thinkin 'bout that

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rrae View Post
Congratulations on the success of your implant!!
This truly is a lifechanging experience. Modern technology is an amazing thing innit?
You are a veteran of back surgery, so you already know the recovery 'rules'. Once the surgical pain wears off, you're well on your way!

now......don't you go disappearing on us!! Now that you're a fully-graduated SCSer, you've officially become a fellow Butt-Buzzer!
Altho many here have their units in different areas of the bodies, in which case we should call ourselves collectively the Buzzer-Buddies. In any case, we're just glad you've come here to share your experience.

Rae
Yeah, I've been giving that a lot tof thought...this forum has been such a huge help to so many, including me.

When I started the journey of searching for post-SCS patient experiences I went to YouTube and found several videos that were, to say the least, very disconcerting. So many people have had negative rxperiences and made video's about it that it actually spooked me a bit. But...I kept on searching and found this forum and it was extremely encouraging to see so many - some that had great results some that it didn't work at all for. I've been thinking maybe I should do a video for YT and let viewers know that some of us don't go thru anywhere near what they did.

Yeah, I had a rough time sleeping last night due to the incisions and such but...this hasn't been anywhere near what I anticipated it would be. I know it's only been 27 hours since surgery and I'm somewhat thinking tomorrow may be my worst day (I've had many procedures and found that typically the 2nd day post-surgery has been worse than the first - not sure if that'll be the case this time). But...so far it's been nothing like what I thought it'd be.

So, I'm wondering if I should indeed stick around to help some other new folk that stumbles by concerned about what they're up against. I know everyone and every case is different but people need to know that some folks come through this with extremely positive results both from the surgical standpoint and success with SCS working well.

Meantime, I've found some really neat folks out here - folks that care...and that's SUCH a plus when dealing with chronic pain. My thanks to all of y'all!

DFW_Andy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
eva5667faliure (08-18-2012), ger715 (08-19-2012), JavaJan (08-19-2012), Rrae (08-18-2012)