View Single Post
Old 08-18-2012, 07:59 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Confused Depression randomly popping up?

Hey everyone,

Quick history, I've posted before. I got PCS after hitting the back of my head in the shower in December '11. I struggled with anxiety, feeling cloudy, sluggishness, and occasional insomnia for about 9 months. But after that it seemed my PCS had completely cleared up. I had the occasional anxiety or days feeling cloudy, but nothing near what I used to feel.

About a month ago, in the beginning of July, I started feeling very down and sleepy some days. I wouldn't want to do anything and would be kind of negative. This is very unlike me so it worried me a bit, but I shook it off. It wasn't too bad until one day I was extremely stressed and upset the entire day about nothing in particular.

After that day, I felt better and just attributed it to maybe not getting enough sleep or being a bit stressed.

But for about the past two weeks, I have felt very mildly depressed almost every day. Some days I feel better, but it'll return a little bit at night. I'm not sure if this is my PCS returning in a way because I didn't hit my head or twist my neck or anything extreme. And I never experienced depression like this during my original wave of symptoms. I definitely don't feel myself.

I have to admit, it is the summertime and I have not been eating great or exercising regularly like I'm used to. Also, I just turned 20 so I've been reflecting on my life a lot. This made me kind of loathe the minimum wage summer job I've worked since I was a young teen and feel like I've been just "wasting my time" all summer. I feel this definitely might be contributing to it.

Could this depression be my PCS returning? Or is this depression starting on it's own? I've never been a gloomy person by nature, and am usually upbeat, happy, cheerful, and optimistic even during hard times.

Does anyone have any advice? Thanks!
AlexNew is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote