View Single Post
Old 08-18-2012, 08:31 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Dr. Tennant's practical pain management

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Smith View Post
Dr. Tennant has written many articles and publications for CP patients and their families. Many can be found on his website and on Practical Pain Management.

Doc
I wanted to thank you again for this resource. The articles are very eye opening. Dr. Tennant's assertion that in some patient's the body fails to adapt to the chronic cycle of pain, which causes imbalance..." As a result, homeostasis is severely disturbed in all aspects resulting in abnormal default settings for emotions, immunity, hormone balance, thought, and memory." Wow. I know that I have definitely suffered from short-term memory problems, decreased ability to concentrate, and hormonal problems that are otherwise unexplained since my pain has gotten progressively worse in the last year. I'm only 42 and the doctors insist that I am not peri menopausal. I thought it might be related to the chronic pain but I didn't know for sure. It's not a pretty picture but at least Dr. Tennant's work offers that there is a scientific, rationale explanation as to why this may be occurring.