View Single Post
Old 08-18-2012, 08:59 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leesa View Post
The time when you have to worry about paralyzation is when you lose control of your bladder and bowels. Now THAT is a REAL EMERGENCY!!! If that EVER happens, do NOT let anyone in the emergency room intimidate you. YOU INTIMIDATE THEM!!! Make THEM get busy on YOU. Cause that is a real emergency situation. If that ever happens, usually it's an issue of immediate surgery or else it could mean permanent damage.

I've had sciatica in the right leg for 26 YEARS -- yes you read that right. Now it is spreading to the left leg. It's been miserable because no doctor could find any meidcation that could help the horrible pain. Now, my "kind of new" doctor has finally found a combiination of meds that are working to ease the pain --- of course it hasn't taken away all the pain, but it has eased it somewhat. Instead of a 10 on the pain scale like it was, it's now about a 6. So I can live with that, although I'd rather not. LOL

Seems like someone could refer you to physical therapy. THAT is where you're gonna get your best relief -- even if you've tried if before, try it again and stick with it cause that really IS where you're gonna find relief if you stay with it. Especially pool therapy -- that is the best for your ailment. I wish you the very best. God bless and will you PLEASE keep me posted? Let me know how you do, will you? I'm really interested. Take care. Hugs, Lee
The last time I had surgery.......and I mean the last time.......I started losing bladder contol and experiencing profound leg weakness. I called the surgeon's office and was told by the office manager to just hang in there as I had a scheduled surgery in two weeks. I told her I had my bags packed and to tell the surgeon I was on my way........a two hour drive. The idiot was there when I arrived and ducked out the door. I had to see one of his fellowship doctors who honestly didn't speak English. The office manager, who I was ready to clobber with my cane, told me to go to the ER and they were waiting for me. LIAR!!!! When I got over there, they knew nothing about me and I had to start from scratch to see somebody with knowledge and authority. When I finally got a neuro surgical eval, the guy told me to go check into a motel and try to get into see my surgeon in the morning. When he started examining me again, I got rather passive/aggressive and empited my bladder (on purpose). That got me admitted and I had surgery the next morning. Sometimes a girl just has to do what a girl has to do.
Spiney95 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Vrae (08-22-2012)