View Single Post
Old 08-19-2012, 03:00 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Damn Ginnie, your post feels like i wrote it myself. That is 100 percent how i feel. I know SS has a job to do and need to check people, but there should come a point, where they realize a person isnt gonna suddenly become better 3 or 5 years from their last review. They shouldnt think that your improved just because a person doesnt have more surgeries that might not even help anyways. They shouldnt approve people in the first place, if they think people could somehow be improved years later. I know that if i never got my injury in life, my overall health at age 50 is going to less then it was at age 38. Thats just common sense.
and with our doctors, we do have to fear that they might write in the SS review, that they recommended surgery but the patient choose not to have, so maybe the patient is improved, which then opens a whole can of worms.
I want to live with what i got for as long as i can, holding off on more surgery.
Even if that means somedays wasting the day away in bed. I wont lie, i have good days and then i have bad days, but i know that i still could never work a job.
Really who would want to hire a person with limited pyshical and mental abilities, when there are so many people out of work who are 100 percent healthy.
I mean i wont even hire myself if i was the boss.

So just wanted to say, i loved your post. If i was you, i wouldnt reduce your med strengths, because it could just open a can of worms for you.
Your better off just breaking the meds in half, if you want to take less.
I know you want to be honest, but they will use honest against you

Bobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginnie View Post
Hi bobby. I feel the same way you do. I do not want to do any more surgery, no matter what happens. I am done with spinal fusions. I don't want to be forced into more treatment, just because I fear loosing my disability if I don't. that is not how I want to live my life either. I know my neck isn't gong to get better. We should not be made to feel this pressure on top of what is already wrong. don't feel guilty. Just get a check up, and don't be forced to do more than you want to do. I think I would go before a judge and tell him the same thing. It is our bodies...not ss. I wish you all the best. I feel guilty because I worry about going down on my medications. I really want to try. Is this going to tell ss that I am getting better? I don't want to stay on the high doses if I can get by with less... same issue. ginnie
Bobby17 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote