View Single Post
Old 08-19-2012, 06:32 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I am in a si.ilar situation with my partner. He has seen me go through major depressive episodes in the past as I had thst before my accident. I take 200mg of sertraline a day for that and it also helps to reduce the tension headaches. I now worry less about what I was previously able to do.

My partner has been used to being the 'injured' one in the household as he sustained a back injury 5 years ago and is unable to work. He was incredibly pampered by his mum before he came to live with me and my kids.

Before my accident this wasn't a major issue as my work kept me active and fulfilled. I have now been stuck at home with him since March and resentment is building up. He has little urge to understand my condition and does not give me the space to rest. He won't read anything about my condition but I am very well versed in all of his ailments.

It is hard to know what to do because the pcs leads to poor communication ability to resolve anything and impulsivity and massive mood swings from me put him in the firing line for everything!

Life as I knew it came to a shuddering halt that day. 20 year history of depression and anxiety now coupled with memory issues, personality change, speech and communication problems, ringing ears, impulsivity etc etc etc.

Damaged people are dangerous.....they know they can survive!
mollymum is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote