Thread: Triclosan
View Single Post
Old 08-19-2012, 06:46 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Triclosan

I read this on another MG group site ...turns out there is a chemical called triclosan a lot of consumer products that has been shown to cause problems in muscle weakness/contraction, thyroid hormone and sme other issues I don't remember at moment. ABC news did report on it the other day. I looked and found it in my bath and body works brand and soft soap antibacterial products. Well I am obsessive hand washer and I have both MG and thyroid issues so I have thrown it all out. I think colgate may still use it but my aquafresh didnt seem to have it. By the way I also saw LYsol brand hand soap uses differ chemical.

I also thought interesting that they have found some dolphins off Florida and SC also have issues and triclosan was found in their bloodstream.

Sweden has banned triclosan...it is really a shame US is not as much on the ball as others when it comes to making citizen safety a priority - don't know if general incompetency or $ but I have recently come to realize we each have to be own advocate to extent we can within reason of course, I don't want to be fanatic! :-)
StephC is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
alice md (08-20-2012)