View Single Post
Old 08-19-2012, 08:05 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi MsEva_EMS

It is not surprising that you are feeling the way you are. Your body has been through an incredible physical, emotional and psychological trauma and it takes a long time - and often some help to get past that.

This is a good place to come and vent. Unless you have been through something like this, you have no idea how much it affects not only your body and mind, but also your confidence and sense of 'you'.

I am one of the (very) fortunate ones who found my aneurysm before it 'found me' - and I had clipping surgery to fix it. Even unruptured, it took me a long time to get back to normal.

Depression, such as you are feeling is incredibly common in this situation, so please don't be afraid (or feel guilty) to ask for a hand up when you are down. After all, this was a near death experience for you and I am very sure that the advice I am giving you would be the first advice you would give to anyone in your situation.

The brain heals very slowly, and I was told it would take up to two years to recover to my best. Even though I didn't rupture, I have MS, so that slowed me right down too. Even after that time, improvements can occur.

You have been in a position of caring for others - so ask yourself what you would say to others in your place. Be gentle, listen to you body and make sure that you have a support network around you. You have been through so much already.

Hugs and welcome

Lyn

Multiple Sclerosis Dx 2001 Craniotomy to clip brain aneurysm 2004. ITP 1993.
Lynn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
eva5667faliure (09-04-2012), MsEva_EMS (09-08-2012)