View Single Post
Old 08-19-2012, 09:57 AM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi Gretchen,

Irrelevant of where you go for dental work, it is imperative to make the dentist aware of your concerns. I can tell you that the patient who is forthright (in a friendly and non antagonistic manner) with their concerns and their boundaries will be treated more carefully and will most likely be given more information by their dentist .... as compared to the patient who comes across shy about their concerns and gives the impression that they will just go along with whatever their dentist chooses for them.

Also, to save yourself some time.... you can call different dental offices and ask what their mercury removal protocol is... if you get what's that?? as a response, you know they have no clue about the toxicity issues and you'd want to avoid them completely. If you get... oh we follow the protocol.... ask what it is because it can vary a lot and not be as protective as it should be. An inside tip....dentists can be very frugal and they tend to take short cuts wherever they can to minimize their costs.

Okay.... let us know how you make out

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdmcor View Post
I love your honesty, Bryanna!

I'm not sure if I should "tick" a dentist off who may hold the life of 2 of my teeth in her hands. LOL! I never know what I may say if the mood strikes me though!

There is another dentist I remember who may be a better choice than the one I have. She was going to do a lot of crown work for me years ago, but I chickened out. At that time, I had already had 2 root canals and some bad dental experience, so didn't want to "mess" with things. Bad idea on my part, I know. By the way, I still have 2 root canaled teeth.

However, she did take films to see if the root canals had failed, I remember this part of it. So, she seemed to know that root canals did not always work. I remember wondering why she would even be questioning the root canal work. I didn't even think that they could become infected. Now I know better!

I am going to call her office on Monday and see if I can get a cleaning, which I need, and have her go over their mercury removal protocol. If I like what she says, I will probably have her do that work. This would give me a clean slate and no emotional garbage or ill thoughts, so to speak.

I'll keep in touch! Gretchen
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ginnie (08-19-2012)