View Single Post
Old 08-19-2012, 11:48 AM
anon21816

anon21816

Default Missing Church

Hi Andy

I have my SCS for jsut over two years now, August 2010. I will say that I am a changed woman...of sorts ...I am definitely much more relaxed and that feeling of tiredness and dragging have subsided a lot. I still have pain, but not as much as I used to. People comment on how 'well' I look now and I dont have that 'gaunt' look about me either Ive had 7 operations on my lower back and I have Failed Back Syndrome, after having discetomies, 2 spinal fusions, unfortunately they didnt work and then basically being left in severe pain. But that has definitely been made a lot better with the help of my stim, which is a St Judes.

As regards missing church, I did a lot of times as I just couldnt contemplate sitting on those hard pews and trying to pray for that hour and not be in pain. But you know what, since I got the stim its so much easier, also I did get a cushion from Mark! , if you PM him Im sure he will tell you all about his ingenious cushion that he manufactures. Its a Godsend!......I use it all the time and especially when I go to Mass and I find it is so helpful with the stim combined. I do still use some meds and patches, but with the combination of the lot I definitely feel so much better.

I hope your recovery will be quick and painless and you will enjoy many many days, weeks, months and years of pain free or at least reduced pain.....

take care

Jackie
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DFW_Andy (08-19-2012), Rrae (08-19-2012)