View Single Post
Old 08-19-2012, 01:25 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Erin,

I too am late in responding to your post. I also am dealing with both MG and Stiff Person Syndrom (SPS) but have only been fighting this battle for 3 years which after reading so many post from people who have dealt with the symptoms of MG for years with no diagnosis is a blessing (I guess).

I am very angry that these illnesses have taken my life from me. I've lost the ability to work, lost a job that I had for 13+ years and I have no chance of recovery. I have always been very independent, going where and when I wanted. My husband of 32 years didn't have to worry about me, take time away from his job to care for me and add stress to both our lives.

I would hope if I only had MG and had the prospect of a recovery or remission, I would have so much hope that I would get my life back or at least most of it. However, being diagnosed with SPS there is nothing in my future but drugs to help me make it through the day (day after day after day). And those drugs have a greater potential of causing other problems and have already done so. I take prednisone which has contributed to my newest diagnosis of osteoprososis.

Anyway, I've had to learn to take it day to day and be thankful that I can get around if only at my house. My big outing is the grocery store once a week. I can do some housework (which I HATE) instead of playing in the dirt outside in our yard (which I LOVED). My life has totally changed in a blink of an eye and is now out of my control. But like you said, I have a wonderful husband that has battled with me, a wonderful friend that has also been with me every step of the way and a family that understand (as best as they can) about what my life is now.

Just be thankful for the small things you have. I hope you get your life back as soon as possible.

Becky
Southern Bell
Southern Bell is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote