View Single Post
Old 08-19-2012, 05:47 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by m147 View Post
hi. new on here, came because of a concern.
I'm 29, been drinking heavyish (3-4) liters of beer a night for the past few years with intervals (2 weeks - few months) of sobriety. on Monday I had been drinking throughout the day, may 5,6 beers (tall boys) then at night went out to the bar. after a few beers I noticed numbness in my right leg, as if it had fallen asleep. when I left the bar I couldn't walk straight, I was limping pretty bad, and couldn't feel my left foot, my sandal kept slipping off. I stopped drinking and haven't had anything since. the numbness and loss of mobility lasted 3 days or so. on Wednesday there was some pain in my left thigh, as if I had been running or walking too long, more so an ache rather than pain, tenseness. I have been taking B vitamins for 3 days now and of course I haven't drank anything since the onset. it's Saturday night now and there is still some tenseness in my leg but the numbness has gone and I can walk straight just fine. I am happy that the condition has all but dissipated but I am worried that it may be the onset of AN. please help. thank you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by m147 View Post
you say that when it started it was gradual but it stayed. see with me, as of now i'm walking perfectly fine and there is no pain, no ache, no numbness or anything anymore. nor did it spread to anywhere else in my body. from what i read about PN once it goes above the ankle you should feel it in your hands as well, but none of that for me. also it doesn't seem like PN would just go away on its own with no treatment or medication just after a few days. i'm starting to think maybe it's something else but who knows. i'm not drinking now, haven't been since it happened and plan to not drink for a good while at least. but still i'm wondering, and hoping, that maybe it isn't PN.
This is all true. It might just be a warning of some type. As though your body is somehow capable of being compromised. That's what happens as you get older, you have new physical experiences, and none of them are good. I drank off and on for about 20 more years than you have, and I can just about guarantee that something bad is gonna happen if you take the booze too far. The problem is, and remember this -- NEUROPATHY IS ALREADY A FACT IN YOUR BODY LONG BEFORE YOU SHOW THE PROPER SYMPTOMS, SOMETIMES YEARS BEFORE. Just try to remember that man. And good luck. I wish I was 29 again, but then we wouldn't have the internet!!
Brue is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote