View Single Post
Old 04-22-2007, 11:55 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Mel - I'm new to this site, but I have to tell I am thankful for the information you have shared! My husband has back/neck problems; I was just diagnosed with degenerative disc problem in neck - I've been in pain for past 3 weeks, but with help of my Chiro - he has made the muscle spasm ease and with other treatments I don't fully understand, relieved the acute neck pain. Last night was the first night I slept in bed in a week. Doc used cold laser light to stimulate blood to inflamed area on my neck, did an adjustment with a 'thumper" instrument that looked like a gun - this did micro adjustment to vertebres and then the tinnes electrodes to make muscles relax. I feel better the next day, but 2 days afterward the pain starts creeping back. I also go to gym 4x a week - cardio and weight lifting. I have felt wonderful during the past year. Now suddenly this pain has occured and no I didn't lift inapproprately. I admit I have very poor sleeping posture and torqued my neck. Doc took xrays and said disc at base of neck was very thin and putting irritation on nerve going to R arm. Told me no more weight lifting with arms for next few weeks, but still go to gym, do low body weight lifting and lots of cardio. Hope Alan is feeling better. You have younger nieces, nephews? - maybe one of them could gently walk on Alan's back.

Mary
QueenMary50 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote