View Single Post
Old 08-19-2012, 10:56 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spine95 View Post
The last time I had surgery.......and I mean the last time.......I started losing bladder contol and experiencing profound leg weakness. I called the surgeon's office and was told by the office manager to just hang in there as I had a scheduled surgery in two weeks. I told her I had my bags packed and to tell the surgeon I was on my way........a two hour drive. The idiot was there when I arrived and ducked out the door. I had to see one of his fellowship doctors who honestly didn't speak English. The office manager, who I was ready to clobber with my cane, told me to go to the ER and they were waiting for me. LIAR!!!! When I got over there, they knew nothing about me and I had to start from scratch to see somebody with knowledge and authority. When I finally got a neuro surgical eval, the guy told me to go check into a motel and try to get into see my surgeon in the morning. When he started examining me again, I got rather passive/aggressive and empited my bladder (on purpose). That got me admitted and I had surgery the next morning. Sometimes a girl just has to do what a girl has to do.
Good for you girl...I had a similar thing happen, but they had cancelled my husbands surgery twice, on our third trip, after he was prepped and ready they told me they had "overbook" again and we had to go home and reschedule. I told them they couldn't make me, that's when they called security, in all the commotion a doctor passing by came in and made them put my husband in an ICU unit and get him stable, then that doctor not our did surgery the next day. My husband would not have lasted another couple of days...It's a shame we have to resourt to such measure to get the medical care we need ...good luck ...keep fighting...Silver
Silver is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote