View Single Post
Old 08-20-2012, 05:16 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default In tooth pain, not sure what to do

I have been having problems all summer. First I had a molar in the far back of my mouth that hurt when touched and hurt with cold and heat. The dentist capped it, that was all. A couple of weeks later it was still hurting me. So I went to another dentist because I didn't trust him anymore. The new dentist said it should have had a root canal first. He spent two days a total of 8 hours trying to do a root canal, but then finally said that part of the tooth was crystalized, and he couldn't drill through it. Does that make sense? Won't a drive go through that? So he had to pull it out. Then shards kept pushing out, and I had to have them removed.

It has been two months, and my gum still hurts when I press on it, and the bone seems to stick out far on the inside of the mouth, but it doesn't feel like a bone. Next after this two months the tooth that was next to it began hurting. If i tap it i can feel it. It also causes a headache, but then it could be my gums causing a headache.

I don't know who to trust as a dentist now. I don't want to lose another tooth. '

1. why is the tooth next to the extraction finally hurting?
2. or is the pain disfused?
3. can't a dentist see that a tooth has crystalization by an xray?
and can't that be drilled through?

I really like the second dentist because he is really kind, but I really want a good job done, and I don't know how to judge him. He is also cheaper than other dentists in town and doens't have the fancy equipment. He does his own cleaning manually, which I like better because the modern type leave my gums sore for over a month.

thanks for any help.
josey is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote