View Single Post
Old 08-20-2012, 02:46 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BackwardPawn View Post
My nurse at work has been trying to get me to try some vitamin shakes that she sells. She thinks they'll help the conditions I have, I think I'm way beyond vitamins, plus I looked up the company she works for and they're sketchy. I don't want to report her, even though its a conflict of interest, as she really has helped me in other ways and lets me use the clinics diabetes supplies if I forget my own, I just want her to back off her sales pitch.
Use the sandwhich: it's a pro saying for a tactical way to give difficult council. So you start with something positive, in the middle you give the (sometimes unwanted) council and on the end you leave a compliment.

I do believe you should be assertive. If you really do not want to try the herbs then say something like:

"That is so kind of you, I know you absolutely trust what you sell, but for me, at the moment, I am truly happy with the meds I take. I feel comfortable on them, which is very important to me. However thank you so much for thinking of me and if in the future I want to try herbal remedies I certainly know where to come".

Good luck, I hope this helps.
peacheysncream is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote