Thread: My VTOS
View Single Post
Old 08-20-2012, 05:36 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Well, I am set up to see an expert on Sept 17th. I think some of you are familiar with him- Dr. Richard Braun. He's written "A Physician's Guide to Diagnosing TOS". I've had ongoing pain in my neck and chest following the right rib resection. It could be difficulties or complications due to having bi-lateral resections in 3 months time, but who knows. I think Dr. Braun is my best bet in San Diego to getting further in my recovery process and cutting back on the pain (I'm still in pain every day).

To add to the stress, my company forced me to go back on a medical leave for 60 days a few weeks ago. Since I was unable to work full-time and travel I was causing an undue hardship. (I had actually just hit my 10 yr mark with this company.) Thankfully- I have some good news here. I found out today, I am eligible to apply for Long Term Disability through my company. If my short term elimination period had not passed during that 60 days, I basically would have been unemployed. This is the reason I waited to share the news until now. I am also able to continue collecting short term disability until long term kicks in, so there is no down period. I feel like this is a new beginning- for therapy and recovery, and professionally. A huge weight has been lifted and I can now focus on really healing instead of trying to make every other part of my life fit into TOS. I just wanted to share- but will update again after my new consult Sept 17th. Thanks! Lauren
Laur3d is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Jomar (08-20-2012)