View Single Post
Old 08-20-2012, 10:20 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Oh, I quite agree. I am grateful every moment for Sinemet. I was looking at the bigger picture. It seems that every description I read about PD treatment says or implies that Levodopa stops working or you always end with horrid dyskinesia while on mega doses of Sinemet. Where is the data? We hear how meds lose efficacy due to disease progression; well I am sure that plays a part there are in fact no studies that show this and in fact autopsies all but prove there is no correlation between amount of med taken and severity or progression of PD, yet there is a pervasive fear in drug naive PWP that is perpetuated by neuros who treat them. Clinically, a paper has been published on neuros who levodopa phobic and find every excuse not to prescribe.

I am saying it is troubling that many doctors do not bother to know their own corpus of lit better; worse, if they do, they let these misperceptions unchecked. Seems if patients were better informed they might experience less anxiety and stress on coping with this disease; and really it is vital to consider this sort of stuff before opting in for DBS.

Just my 2 cents!

Laura
Conductor71 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote