View Single Post
Old 04-22-2007, 01:57 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Hi Debbie,

Mine did just the opposite of yours. Mine started in my right arm and hand and later I got it in my right foot up to my knee.

It takes a combination of things I believe to help with the RSD. PT is great but do make sure that the Physical Therapist know a lot about the RSD. Don't let them make you do strenious things such as lifting weights, therabands and such. I had one PT'er to try that on me and I dropped him really quick. I found this great husband and wife that had practiced in Holland and they believed in massage therapy and myofasical release more then anything. They worked on me for over a year and did helped me a lot with my RSD and Fibro.

Also, a lot of people don't get triggerpoint injections but they help. They are shots that are made up of lidocaine or ketamine. I had good luck with blocks which some people don't.

Like Jo says. Relaxation, Meditation and prayer. My Dr. taught me how to do the relaxation, meditation and prayed with me often. It took me a long time to where I could do them due to the pain but I got there.

Don't give up Debbie, because you can and will get better.

Ada
dreambeliever128 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote