View Single Post
Old 08-21-2012, 02:44 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Important - hypothyroidism and Nerve Support Formula

Quote:
Originally Posted by txgal51 View Post
I tell everyone I meet now to have their B12 checked. I am 58 years old and in good health. I have been treated for hypothyroidism for over 30 years and I now know there is a link between thyroid disease and malabsorption of B12. I also used Pepcid fairly regularly and had a high intake of caffeine every day, all of which prevent the absorption of B12. I have taken alcohol, sugar, and caffeine out of my diet.

The supplement I have been using is Nerve Support Formula which I purchased on Amazon because shipping is free. This treats neuropathy, no matter what is causing it. You have to take it consistently at fairly high doses for at least two months to get benefit. Their consultants are available all day to talk to you and help you individually. I think the combination of B12 oral supplements, injections, and acupuncture has pretty much healed me and I want to share my story with everyone. I am happy to communicate with anyone on this topic. There is help out there.

I,too, have hypothyroidism and I have been taking the Nerve Support Formula. I've been having symptoms of my thyroid being low and was on the verge of calling my doctor when I just happened across some important information. That Support Formula has R-Alpha Lipoic Acid in it. R-Alpha Lipoic is often used to help Peripheral Neuropathy. But - it also lessens your body's ability to convert T-4 to T-3. My doctor knows that I'm taking that formula but didn't warn me about the consequences to my thyroid levels. The information I've found says that I can continue taking the formula but my doctor needs to adjust my thyroid medication. I'll be calling my doctor this morning about this.

Plus, as you probably know, low thyroid levels can cause peripheral neuropathy. So keep a close eye on your thyroid levels.

The formula has helped me in a limited way but not a great deal. But perhaps the effect on my thyroid levels has caused that limitation. So I plan to get my medication adjusted and continue the formula for a while longer to see what happens.
susana1027 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote