View Single Post
Old 08-21-2012, 07:49 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I don't know if this will help, it may not as every brain is different.

I suffered the concussion back in Jan 2012. I too have similar symptoms.

I went to the optometrist and got Velvatint lenses for my glasses, they help with the fluorescent lights. (they have a very light rosy tint to them that is unnoticeable on your face if you're worried people will notice!)

Also, my neurologist prescribed Amantadine for me. It is an antiviral flu drug but OM gosh. I used to have migraines LITERALLY 2 weeks straight out of the month and now I have only had 2 minor headaches in the last 2 weeks. (and this is my "bad" time right now) I also have more energy in the AM.

It could be coincidence, but it might not be. After 7 months of nonstop headache I was willing to try anything and who knows, it could be a placebo effect. But it's working so I am not looking a gift horse in the mouth!

*I should note that my neuro prescribed the Amantadine because he felt like I had improved a bit in my symptoms, kind of like progression of recovery? (if that makes sense)*

Like I said it might not help for you, and I am not suggesting that the medicine will work for everyone...but I wish you good luck and keep us posted please!!!!!

March 2007, Oct. 2007, and Jan 2012 concussions sustained in martial arts/police academy training; suffering from PCS symptoms of fatigue/exertion problems,tinnitus,dizziness, overstimulation issues, photophobia. Also suffer from PTSD.

So we do not lose heart. Though our outer nature is wasting away, our inner nature is being renewed every day.
2 Corinthians 4:16

Last edited by Dolfinwolf; 08-21-2012 at 07:54 AM. Reason: *added note*
Dolfinwolf is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote