View Single Post
Old 08-21-2012, 11:30 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

After I was diagnosed in '00 I took Avonex for 3 years. After that I did the lifetime dose of Novantrone. The symptoms that drove me to seek medical help are still around just barely, except the fatigue that comes from physical exertion. Even that is much relieved since beginning chiropractic care.

Is the Avonex and Novantrone the reason I'm in good shape and very active? There is absolutely no way to know.

For day-to-day symptoms I take:
  1. Escitalopram (generic Lexapro) for PBA (Pseudobulbar Affect). If I miss a few days worth I will cry for no reason.
  2. Baclofen, 20 mgs 3 or 4 x a day, for spasticity. It used to work alone but eventually had to add:
  3. Diazepam (generic Valium), 2mgs 3 x a day. If I miss even 1 dose of this combo I'll wake up with leg cramps or not be able to move until after a full-body seize-up.
  4. Ampyra helps me walk. It's nothing I really notice but I can tell when I've missed a dose or 2. My legs will feel very heavy again.
I have some bladder leakage, and the rare bowel incontinence, but not enough to add to the pill pack.

Everything will be alright in the end. If it's not alright, it's not yet the end.
Sparky10 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Kitty (08-21-2012)