View Single Post
Old 08-21-2012, 01:10 PM
RavenC

RavenC

Ugh, I hate those lines.
Also the lines some doctors say: MG is an easy disease!

I stopped telling people what kind of disease I have. Because they look it up, see it's treatable, easy to life with and what more.
It's in huge contrast what I have to cope with, sometimes not even being able to stand up from the toilet or make myself a cup of tea, due to weakness.
I hate it, because it makes me feel stupid. I have had other diseases doctors call serious and whatever, but they never messed my life up as MG does! If I say I'd rather have my cancer back, almost no one understands.

However, this is my personal story, it's never possible to say if you can work again or not. I guess most people with MG respond well to treatment, or go into remission, and have normal, happy lifes.
There are also more options if the first medicine won't do enough for you. There's mestinon, loads of immune suppressants, and more to try. So there is a big chance you will feel much better.

However, I do have a question in having a normal life: even if you have almost no weakness, but to come to that, you have to take, say... 6 x 60 mg mestinon, 25 mg prednisone, 250 mg azathioprin, maybe some medicine for the side-effects, ánd you have to take account of what you doing, when you're doing it, rest on time, etc....How can that be a normal life?
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
pingpongman (08-21-2012), StephC (08-21-2012)