View Single Post
Old 08-21-2012, 03:13 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hello Annesse,

Thank you for the time and effort that you have no doubt put into researching this; and also for sharing it with us.

So far I follow the theory and if what has been suggested turns out to have consistent results with respect to symptom control, that would certainly be quite wonderful; for at that point there is at least one more thing that may be tried and prove to be beneficial with respect to symptom control.

Classifying PEDD as a cause (the seed) and the protocol as a cure, may be a little shaky though (at least from a scientifically definitive standpoint); because it seems that one would need to maintain the protocol (if it did in fact prove to be beneficial), in order to keep symptoms from returning.
That qualifies the protocol as a symptom controlling treatment (much like a medication protocol would), rather than a cure; further supporting the suggestion that the protocol targets a condition (PED), rather than a cause.
In this case a cause would be more akin to the 'factor' that leads to the development or presence of PED.

No matter...it is a bit of a matter of semantics at this point. My interest in defining PED, PEDD correctly with respect to cause, condition or effect has more to do with my own personal interest in analyzing how each of those should be approached and how they would play out with respect to interferences placed upon them: ie. potential treatment methods and protocols.

Before going down that road with respect to PEDD however, it would be helpful to review current differential assessments of the impact of PED within the general population.
Do you know if there have been any studies specifically on PED in the general population?
What I have been looking for in the literature and links, but have yet to find is any study that has examined the disease rate (percentage) of individuals who have PED in the general population.

In other words, has some research evidence revealed through scientific standard testing (greater than 500 general population participants, studied over time), that a certain percentage of, or all individuals who have PED, either have symptoms of, or who go on to develop auto-immune inflammatory type disease such as MS, Lupus etc, or any other specific or predictable disease process as a result?

Such a study would show that either there is a greater, lesser or equal incidence of disease affecting those with PED when compared to disease incidence of the general population.

If you know of something along this line of research, please provide a 'Research paper or Journal title reference' that can be searched on Google or ordered from the publisher.

This is so interesting!

Thanks.

With love, Erika
Erika is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
daisy.girl (08-21-2012), new2net98 (08-23-2012), SallyC (08-21-2012)